Basic Information For Resistance Welding
Resistance welding (resistance welding) is the combination of welding parts through the electrode after the application of pressure, the use of current through the joint surface and the adjacent area of the resistance heat generated by welding process. There are many types of resistance welding, commonly used a little welding, seam welding and butt welding three.
Spot welding is the welding parts assembled into lap joints, and pressed between the two electrodes, the use of resistance to heat the base metal metal, the formation of solder resistance welding method. Spot welding is mainly used for sheet welding. The following are the same as the "
Spot welding process:
1. Preload, to ensure good contact with the workpiece.
2. Power, so that the formation of welding nugget and plastic ring.
3. Breakpoint forging, so that the nugget in the pressure to continue the role of cooling crystallization, the formation of dense tissue, no shrinkage, cracks in the solder joints.
Weld welding is the welding parts assembled into lap or butt joint, and placed between the two roller electrodes, roller pressure welding and rotating, continuous or intermittent transmission, forming a continuous weld resistance welding method. Sewing is mainly used for welding welds more rules, requiring a sealed structure, the thickness is generally below 3mm.
Butt welding is the welding method to weld the weldment along the entire contact surface.
1. Resistance butt welding resistance welding is the welding parts assembled into the butt joint, so that close contact with the end face, the use of heat resistance to the plastic heat state, and then power and the rapid application of the top forging to complete the welding method, resistance welding is mainly used for cross-section Simple, diameter or side length less than 20mm and the strength requirements are not too high welds.
2. Flash butt welding Butt welding is the welding parts assembled into the butt joint, connected to the power, so that the end of the surface gradually move closer to the local contact, the use of heat resistance of these heating points, under the action of high current, flash, so that the end of metal melting , Until the end reaches a predetermined temperature within a certain depth range, the power is turned off and the method of completing the welding is quickly applied. The quality of the flash solder joint is better than the resistance welding, the mechanical properties of the weld are comparable to that of the base metal, and the pre-weld surface of the joint is not required before welding. Flash welding is commonly used for the welding of important weldments. Can be welded with the same kind of metal, but also welding dissimilar metals; can be welded 0.01mm wire, but also welding 20000mm metal rods and profiles.
Resistance welding quality is determined by the following four elements:
2. Power-on time,
4. Resistance top diameter